Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I've discovered...

that you can't only have salad once a week. Seriously, each week I have lettuce leftover from last week's salad, plus I have 3 different kinds of cheese in my crisper drawer - we need to start eating side salads - what a novel idea! So, I made one for tonight's supper with the leftover from last night's salad - sort of Greek salad: lettuce, cucumber, tomato, black olives, light feta and yellow pepper and we are having the leftover chicken from last night's salad as well - Bonus! When I went to Farmboy on the weekend, I bought rindonkulous amounts of fruit and veggies. We have been eating loads of fruit, adding it to everything. I made this fruit salad, I made banana, blueberry pancakes, I ground up pineapple to add to my muffin mix and squeezed in juice from an orange as well and we've been adding berries to our cereal. And I never buy kiwi's, turns out Devin loves them and ate 3 in one sitting - crazy! (I didn't mean for him to eat 3, I sliced 4 of them up for everyone to share and turns out -Jay had 1 piece, Jasmine had 2 and by the time I got there, there wasn't any left, which means Devin ate 13 pieces of kiwi himself!)

1 comment:

Loukia said...

Oh my gosh, those salads looks so good! Now I am craving a salad, and I never crave salad! :)