Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Salad of the Week

Tonight we had company for Salad Night, as my mom and dad are in town from Saskatchewan. Once again, I looked in the Company's Coming Salads & Dressings cookbook and found Peanut Rice Noodle Salad, page 90. Basically, a base of rice noodles with a vegetable mixture of: red pepper, carrots and cucumber all cut into match sticks, then snow peas, thin slices of red onion and fresh bean sprouts (I also added fresh cilantro). For the salad dressing, I made the peanut sauce it suggests, but you could use a store bought one. The sauce has peanut butter, lime juice, chili sauce, gingerroot and garlic. I used the dressing to cook shrimps in the frying pan, but this was really just to add more protein to the salad. (The recipe does not ask for shrimp). Then we sprinkled peanuts and sunflower seeds (which I realized afterwards was supposed to be sesame seeds - oops!).
This was a tasty salad. Love peanut sauce, especially with ginger and cilantro - yum! The shrimps were awesome, but "the company" and my husband thought I should have pre-peeled the shrimps. Next time, I will... no I won't, I never do - I think it is fun, ha!

No comments: