Monday, March 16, 2009

Salad of the Week

When I asked Jay what ingredient he wanted me to use in this week's salad his response was sun-dried tomatoes. I did a web search and came up with 2 recipes that sounded appealing, but we went with this one and put a little spin on it!
We mostly followed the recipe, but we used butternut squash instead of pumpkin and we used Farmboy's balsmic vinegar dressing instead of a glaze. To add a protein to the meal, we added leftover steak from our meal last night.
I used the oil soaked sun-dried tomatoes, but found them too greasy for my liking. I would either dry the with a towel first or try soaking dried tomatoes in water next time? Everything else went quite nice together. Although, the other flavors were so strong that I didn't notice the avocado that much.
...And don't be surprised if I used pine nuts in my next few recipes, Jay bought $12 worth of them at Bulk Barn :)

No comments: