Friday, June 4, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words?

Well, if that is true I have nothing to say!  I dropped my camera a little over a week ago and feel slightly naked now.  Although I haven't been taking as many pictures as I used to, mostly because I know I won't have time to scrapbook them all and I already have so many of similar situations, but still I want to take some pictures. So far I missed taking pictures at the 2 km family run last weekend, the kids first soccer practices, rock band with the Howley's, Devin holding hands with baby Thomas and tomorrow is the street BBQ. 

Problem is I'm not sure what kind of camera I want.  I've always had a simple point and shoot camera.  I'm terrible at taking good care of my camera, it's almost always in my pocket, in my purse, in a backpack amongst water bottles and snacks, etc.  It's amazing it has lasted this long.  I do however have this longing for a nice camera, one that I can take close ups with.  I always use the excuse that I should have had it when the kids were babies and now there isn't as much point, but ... I still think I want one.  Trouble is I don't always want to carry around a big lug of a camera.  So...

I think I need both: a point and shoot camera for the day to day type events and a nice camera to have fun with when I am in the photography mood.  What kind of camera should I get?  Recommendations for both are welcome.  What do you have?  Do you like it?  What would you not get?  Do you know of any cool camera features? 

I'd like to say it is part of why I haven't blogged lately, but it's only been broken for about a week, so I can't use that excuse.  Summer time is coming though and it should be a good time to catch up.  We'll be starting with the trip to BC and gramma and grampa's 60th anniversary party - can't wait to blog about that.

No comments: